The image of a person, to the extent that it identifies them or can identify them, constitutes personal data that can be processed for various purposes. Although the most common is to use cameras to guarantee the safety of people, goods and facilities, they can also be used for other purposes such as controlling the work performance of workers.
Below are the basic guidelines to respect so that the processing of images obtained from video surveillance cameras complies with data protection regulations. However, it is recommended to consult the Guide on the use of video cameras for security and other purposes for a more exhaustive knowledge of the obligations that this type of treatment entails.
- LOCATION OF THE CAMERAS: The capture of images in areas intended for workers' rest will be avoided. The AEPD authorizes TRAINING 2001 51917681B to install exterior cameras with recording on public roads as long as there is any violation of public security and that camera is involved in the accident, TRAINING 2001 is obliged to deliver the recordings to the State Security Forces and Corps.
- LOCATION OF MONITORS: The monitors where the images from the cameras are displayed will be located in a restricted access space so that they are not accessible to third parties. Only authorized personnel will have access to the recorded images.
- IMAGE CONSERVATION: Images will be stored for a maximum period of one month, with the exception of images that prove the commission of acts that threaten the integrity of people, property and facilities. In that case, the images must be made available to the competent authority within 72 hours of becoming aware of the existence of the recording.
- DUTY OF INFORMATION: Information will be given about the existence of the cameras and image recording by means of an informative badge placed in a sufficiently visible place that identifies, at least, the identity of the person responsible and the possibility of the interested parties to exercise their rights in data protection matters. The pictogram itself may include
also a connection code or internet address in which the
this information. It has models, both of the pictogram and of the text,
on the Agency's website.
- RIGHT OF ACCESS TO IMAGES: To comply with the right of access of the interested parties to the recordings of the video surveillance system, a recent photograph and the National Identity Document of the interested party will be requested to verify their identity, as well as the details of the date. and time to which the right of access refers. The interested party will not be provided direct access to the images from the cameras in which third party images are shown. If it is not possible for the interested party to view the images without showing third-party images, a document will be provided confirming or denying the existence of images of the interested party. And it must be requested before the deadline of 4 days of the recording by electronic means, via email to email@example.com